The Johnny Douglas Award
The recipient of the award will receive a cash prize of NZD$1,000.
To recognise outstanding new talent in a broadcasting course.
To encourage talented new broadcasters who aspire to make a difference and become leaders in the media, with a particular passion for radio.
- Currently accepted for entry into an NZQA accredited institution OR
- Has successfully completed their studies into an NZQA accredited institution in the six months preceding 1 April 2019 AND
- Is a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
You MUST provide contact details of a referee who is a tutor at the broadcasting school AND/OR a radio industry professional, who may be consulted during judging.
- Audio of a maximum duration of 5 minutes:
To show innovative use of the medium (‘theatre of the mind’). It should be primarily created by the applicant but may employ other talent e.g. voice(s). It may be a promo, commercial, dramatic script, piece of comedy or a sample of live on-air/recorded performance.
- A short statement should be included (no more than 500 words) describing:
- What is special about radio.
- Something you would like to achieve in radio.
- If you have one, recall a memorable moment listening to radio.
- What or who inspired you to aspire to a successful career in the media.
Click here to download the written submission template for this award.
A - 30 POINTS | Audio submission
B - 20 POINTS | Written submission